Last week we posted that the Path of Exile Ascendancy release date would likely be 3/4 March and today Grinding Gear Games has confirmed that it will arrive on 4 March, 12 noon PST.
The latest free expansion for the free to play ARPG comes with the new Labyrinth and a load of other extras to keep players adventuring including:
- Trials of Ascendancy
- Six types of lethal traps have been crafted by Izaro into elaborate puzzle rooms – an entirely new gameplay type for Path of Exile.
- The Lord’s Labyrinth
- An entirely new system for generating sequences of random areas, the overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.
- Emperor Izaro
- You will face Izaro multiple times during the Labyrinth and the fight will evolve depending on your actions in previous encounters.
- Ascendancy Classes
- There are 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own additional Ascendancy Skill Tree to master.
- Izaro’s power can also be used to infuse items with powerful magic. These enchantments trigger specific skills and effects to occur on certain conditions. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.
- New Skills
- Ascendancy introduces a set of devastating new skills and support gems to customize your character with.
- New Items
- Featuring dozens of Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile’s community, Ascendancy adds tantalizing power for players to discover.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.