Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous‘ Inevitable Excess DLC gives you a main objective once you start it. You realize that you’re in some sort of alternate dimension, one where the power of the Aeon holds sway. Eventually, you’ll visit some locations that seem odd, as though places and people have been turned into a nonsensical mish-mash. Here’s our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Inevitable Excess guide to help you with the Other Side of Threshold puzzles and A Threat to This World.
Note: For more information, check out our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Inevitable Excess — Other Side of Threshold puzzle guide
Navigating the Other Side of Threshold
The Other Side of Threshold in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Inevitable Excess is part of the main quest, A Threat to This World. Upon starting the DLC, you’ll exit Threshold proper and meet Valmallos, a Golem of Order. From there, you’ll go to an odd amalgamation of Iz, which happens to contain a portion of Wintersun.
Inside the Clan Hall, you’ll battle Marhevok and his cronies. You’ll finish him off when you reach the basement, which looks like the inside of a clock. You can then pick up an Unusual Gear, which can be placed in a strange device near your Threshold camp. This opens a portal to the Other Side of Threshold, which is one zany place. Essentially, you’re given a Dimension Door – Mass power, usable when you’re not in combat. As such, you’re mostly teleporting around to different platforms.
Your main goal is to take the circuitous route from the starting point, following pink lights to reach new areas. Eventually, you’ll have a chat with Ssila’meshnik, a denizen of Chaos who opposes Valmallos’ plans.
Along the way, you’ll stumble upon various portals, though they won’t help you out that much early on. Likewise, you’ll encounter a bunch of puzzles, some of which can be solved as you’re progressing through the dungeon. You can refer to the map below:
Clock and Roman Numerals Puzzle
What’s likely to catch your eye is the Clock and Roman Numerals Puzzle in the Other Side of Threshold in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Inevitable Excess. To solve it, you’ll want to do the following:
- Head south from the clock and interact with the machine to make House #1 appear. There’s a mechanism inside that acts as a lever, letting you reach another ledge.
- That ledge has projectors that create an image of House #2. You can do a full rest inside to clear Corruption.
- Check the western side of the area to see floating platforms leading down where you’ll find the Mechanism Component.
- Go back to the House #1 area and look for additional ledges off to the side. Disarm the traps here and you’ll see a device.
- Place the Mechanism Component to activate the clock, then go through the portal.
- Pull the clock’s lever and the hands will move: 6:00, 3:00, 12:00, and 9:00.
- Go back to the cylinder with Roman numerals and input: VI -> III -> XII -> IX.
- This will open a narrow gap through the cogs. Teleport to meet an Unbending Kolyarut.
- You don’t need to fight this fella at all. If you pass the Diplomacy check, you’ll receive the Gloves of Entropy. Likewise, you can open the chest for a Greater Phylactery of Negative Channeling.
Directly south of House #2, there are some switches marked with letters. This is the ABC Puzzle in the Other Side of Threshold in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Inevitable Excess. You won’t be able to do anything with it yet until you talk to Ssila’meshnik. Doing so will cause rifts to spawn in the dungeon, as well as in other places. Moreover, some Axiomite mobs will show up. You’ll need to take them out to loot Key Plates:
- Key Plate 1 – Just before the giant cylinder with Roman numerals. It’s got the first Keystone Rift. You’ll need to interact with all seven Keystone Rifts in the DLC for a particular ending.
- Key Plate 10 – In the area with the clock.
- Key Plate 11 – In the ABC Puzzle area.
One book in this dungeon will tell you about the correct order (i.e., basically numerical and alphabetical). That means: A = Key Plate 1, B = Key Plate 10, and C = Key Plate 11.
The nearby projectors will create an obelisk. Interact with it so the Commander receives the First Memories buff. When an enemy’s critical hit lands, your main character protected against crits for the next two rounds.
Portal Secret Puzzle
Remember the portals scattered throughout this zone? Well, they’re part of a secret puzzle. The clue can be seen in the clock that you interacted with earlier. All you need to do is enter the portals in the following order: VI -> III -> XII -> IX. It can take a while since you’re roaming around the entire dungeon, but your Dimension Door power should help a lot.
Once you go through the last portal, you’ll end up in a separate platform. There’s a chest with a Flawless Amulet of Natural Armor +7, as well as an Intricate Component.
The item can only be used after the Threshold hub has undergone as transformation. It will form a bridge that leads to a chest with lots of goodies.
Another Meeting With Valmallos and Going Back to Iz
After talking to Ssila’meshnik and exiting the Other Side of Threshold in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – Inevitable Excess, you’ll complete A Threat to This World. Likewise, you’ll have another chat with Valmallos. Your responses here are extremely important, especially if you want to unlock the Paradox secret ending.
Apart from that, you’ll be able to do additional stuff:
- Additional NPCs have appeared, which means you can complete more errands/sidequests.
- You can interact with several Keystone Rifts.
- Lastly, if you return to the Clan Hall in Iz, you’ll battle a bunch of demons. The chest in the Clan Hall has a Flawless Headband of Mental Perfection +8. If you go down to the basement, you can use your Dimension Door power to reach the floating ledges off to the side. Defeat the Keketar mobs and grab the Headband of Mental Perfection +8 from the chest.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is available via Steam.