Ryuji Sakamoto is the holder of the Chariot Arcana as well as both a party member and Confidant in Persona 5 Royal. He is Joker’s first friend being introduced on 04/11. You automatically begin his Confidant as part of the story on 04/12. He is available every day and can be found outside of your classroom during weekdays or in the arcade in Shibuya on the weekend.
As with most confidants, there isn’t a limit on when you can rank Ryuji up. As long as you reach Rank 10 before reaching an ending you can complete the Chariot Confidant. A unique feature of Ryuji’s social link is that Rank 7 is locked behind specific dates. Ryuji will call you on the evening of one of these dates so be sure to prioritize getting that rank up when prompted.
Persona 5 Royal: Ryuji Sakamoto Confidant skills
Below are the skills and benefits acquired from ranking up the Chariot Confidant. The standout skills are Insta-Kill, Protect, and both awakenings. Much like all party members it is worth ranking Ryuji up as doing so provides benefits in battle and access to his evolved Personas, Seiten Taisei and
- Rank 2 – Punk Talk: If negotiation with an upbeat Shadow fails, you can try again.
- Rank 3 – Follow Up: Chance to perform a follow-up attack if Joker’s attack does not down the enemy.
- Rank 4 – Stealth Dash: This makes you less likely to be found in the Metaverse while dashing.
- Rank 6 – Harisen Recovery: Chance to cure status ailments inflicted upon party members.
- Rank 7 – Insta-Kill: When encountering a weak Shadow, you may destroy it immediately.
- Rank 8 – Endure: Chance to withstand an otherwise fatal attack with 1 HP remaining.
- Rank 9 – Protect: Chance to shield Joker from an otherwise fatal attack.
- Rank 10 – Second Awakening: Evolves Ryuji’s Captain Kidd Persona into Seiten Taisei.
- Rank 10 – Third Awakening*: Evolves Ryuji’s Seiten Taisei Persona into William.
*Ryuji’s Third Awakening is only triggered in the third semester.
Persona 5 Royal: Ryuji Sakamoto Confidant answers
These are the best answers to give during hangout events with Ryuji Sakamoto. The answers listed were either chosen because they give the most social points or because they are required for specific unlocks. If a chosen answer doesn’t matter it will be listed as ‘ANY’ so feel free to pick whatever you want.
- Rank 1 (Story event, 04/12)
- Rank 2
- “I’m counting on you.” or “You seem pretty excited.”
- Rank 3
- Let’s not fight.
- Calm down, Ryuji.
- I can’t exactly blame you.
- Rank 4
- Are you worried about him?
- But you’re doing great.
- Rank 5 (Not available until 05/06, Unlocks Protein Lovers training gym)
- Protein powder?
- “You seem conflicted.” or “Do you want to rejoin?”
- So he’s an asshole?
- Don’t worry. I gotcha.
- Rank 6
- We can train at my place.
- You guys should trust Nakaoka.
- So he should’ve punched back?
- Rank 7 (Wait for Ryuji to text you on specific evenings to trigger this event)
- Let’s talk to Takeishi.
- I think it’s cool, Ryuji.
- Never know until you try.
- Rank 8
- Things turned out for the best.
- All I did was watch.
- You weren’t cool though.
- So. Case closed?
- Rank 9
- Are you satisfied now?
- Don’t do it.
- I never realized that.
- I agree.
- “Congratulations.” or “Better watch out for them.”
- Rank 10
Note: For information on the other confidants in Persona 5 Royal like Ryuji Sakamoto check out our Confidant guides hub.
Persona 5 Royal can be purchased on Steam.