Goro Akechi is the holder of the Justice Arcana, as well as both a party member and Confidant in Persona 5 Royal. He is an investigator who has been crowned the new detective prince due to his admirable work rate and charming personality. Akechi is first introduced on 06/09 and you automatically begin his Confidant on 05/10. He is available every evening except Sunday and be found outside the Penguin Sniper darts and billiards club in Kichijoji.
When ranking up Akechi, you need to be aware of some of the unique characteristics of his social link. You can only reach Rank 6 after 09/03, reach Rank 7 after 11/02, and cannot reach Rank 9 or 10 at all unless Rank 8 is reached by 11/17. Rank 8 involves a fight against Akechi in Mementos. To make this fight as easy as possible, it is best to use a Persona that nullifies most of his moves like Shiki Ouji.
Persona 5 Royal: Goro Akechi Confidant skills
Below are the skills and benefits acquired from ranking up the Justice Confidant. The standout skills are Sleuthing Mastery, Endure, and Protect. Much like all party members, it is worth ranking Akechi up, as doing so provides benefits in battle and access to his evolved Persona, Hereward.
- Rank 1 – Follow Up: Chance to perform a follow-up attack if Joker’s attack does not down the enemy.
- Rank 1 – Smooth Talk: If negotiation with a god-like Shadow fails, you can try again.
- Rank 2 – Sleuthing Instinct: Chance to reveal one enemy affinity at the start of the battle.
- Rank 4 – Sleuthing Mastery: Chance to reveal all of one enemy’s affinities at the start of the battle.
- Rank 7 – Harisen Recovery: Chance to cure status ailments inflicted upon party members.
- Rank 10 – Endure: Chance to withstand an otherwise fatal attack with 1 HP remaining.
- Rank 10 – Protect: Chance to shield Joker from an otherwise fatal attack.
- Rank 10 – Third Awakening*: Evolves Akechi’s Robin Hood Persona into Hereward.
*Akechi’s Third Awakening is only triggered in the third semester and requires specific answers to be given at Rank 7, 8, after securing the Treasure route at Shido’s Palace, and during a story even on 02/02. These answers are:
- Rank 7: “You’re my rival.”
- Rank 8: “I accept.”
- After Shido’s Treasure route is secured: “I want to keep our promise.”
- On 02/02: “We’re stopping Maruki.”
Persona 5 Royal: Goro Akechi Confidant answers
These are the best answers to give during hangout events with Goro Akechi. The answers listed were either chosen because they give the most social points or because they are required for specific unlocks. If a chosen answer doesn’t matter it will be listed as ‘ANY,’ so feel free to pick whatever you want.
- Rank 1
- Rank 2
- You always seem so busy.
- I see a lot of things.
- As rivals?
- Rank 3 (Requires Charm: Suave and Knowledge: Scholarly)
- Should’ve figured.
- Wasn’t it fun?
- Rank 4 (Unlocks Jazz Jin club in Kichijoji)
- Now this is my kind of club.
- Any recommendations?
- It’s a great place.
- “Pretty frequently,” or “I can use a microwave…”
- I kinda get it.
- Rank 5
- Are you used to gunplay?
- You wanted to be a hero?
- Rank 6 (Not available until 09/03, Akechi will be at LeBlanc)
- A while, huh?
- …You’ve been through a lot.
- “This is nothing,” or “I’ll stay until you’re ready.”
- I think you’re right.
- My bad, I guess.
- Rank 7 (Not available until 11/02, requires Knowledge: Encyoclopedic)
- That’s why it’s so fun.
- I couldn’t let myself lose.
- You’re my rival.*
- Rank 8
- I definitely wouldn’t lose.
- Really hate losing, don’t you?
- I accept.*
- Rank 9
- Automatic story event during Shido’s Palace if Rank 8 is reached in time.
- Rank 10
Note: For information on the other confidants in Persona 5 Royal like Goro Akechi check out our Confidant guides hub.
Persona 5 Royal can be purchased on Steam.