Petroglyph’s experiment with 8-Bit Armies and 8-Bit Horde appears to be paying off and now they have revealed 8-Bit Invaders.
8-Bit Armies paid homage to the original C&C. 8-Bit Horde did the same for Warcraft and now 8-Bit Invaders gives Starcraft a nod. Now that the set appears to be complete, Petroglyph mention there will be a crossover between Invaders and the two other games so you can play Armies factions against both Invaders and Horde.
The game will release some time in November and the Steam page is now live.
8-Bit Invaders Features
- 24 offline campaign missions.
- New ‘Conquer The Multiverse’ real-time strategic metagame has both prebuilt and procedurally generated scenarios for endless opportunities to invade new worlds
- Classic Base-Building mechanics let you construct the ultimate HQ from which to launch attacks against your foes.
- Easy to understand advanced military and alien units and structures lets RTS beginners jump right in.
- 10 co-op missions to play with your friends.
- Destructible environments on maps ranging from small to very large.
- 2-8 player battles against Human and AI opponents of varying skill levels.
- A rocking soundtrack from composer Frank Klepacki.
- Full cross-play with 8-Bit Armies and 8-Bit Hordes for those epic MEGA BATTLES between factions across games, and the Multiverse!
- From the same team that brought you RTS classics such as Star Wars: Empire at War, Universe at War, and Grey Goo.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.