Planet Coaster is about to turn a year old! To celebrate 12 months since launch, the developers over at Frontier will be releasing a big update on November 22nd. Dubbed the ‘Anniversary Update’, this will add a slew of new features to the game. Following in line with the other big updates released over the past few months (the Winter, Spring and Summer updates), all of the new content will be free.
Here are the details:
- Scenario Editor – giving you the tools to create your own custom scenarios and share them with the community through Steam Workshop!
- Three new rides – the Weisshorn (a classic fairground ride), the Hop The Gaps (a rickety side friction ride), and the Cascade (our first water coaster).
- Staff Management building – a place for your staff to rest and receive training.
- A host of picnic benches – allowing you to create food courts and plazas with themed canopies and a few new autumnal.
- Custom biomes – Backgrounds can be swapped to allow for the creation of whatever vista you want.
- Interchangeable coasters – this lets you switch coaster trains to other types of track allowing for maximum flexibility.
- We are now allowing for custom text on coasters; whatever you decide to name your coaster will now appear on the coaster car.
- Some updates to triggers will now allow you to toggle objects for a certain time and at certain intervals (e.g. to create strobe lights).
- We are also adding some curbs and barriers to our pathing system to allow you to control the flow of guests.
Check out the full newsletter about the Anniversary Update by clicking here.
Related to this article
Having been introduced to video games at the age of 3 via a Nintendo 64, A.K has grown up in the culture. A fan of simulators and racers, with a soft spot for Nintendo! But, he has a great respect for the entire video game world and enjoys watching it all expand as a whole.