The MMORPG publisher Acclaim Games has been acquired by gaming giant Playdom, it was announced earlier. Acclaim has a number of MMOs under its belt including Dance Online, 9Dragons and The Chronicles of Spellborn. The company now joins Playdom’s other recently acquired names such as Merscom, Offbeat Creations and the developer Three Melons, all big names in Facebook gaming development. It also invested $5 million USD in Facebook developer MetroGames. According to techcrunch, 40% of Playdom’s 28 million monthly game users are from Facebook, the other 60% is from MySpace.

Paul Younger
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Founder of the world's first gaming cafe and Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.

    New Lara Croft Game Protected By Steam

    Previous article

    New Final Fantasy 14 Screens

    Next article

    You may also like

    More in News