The ever-popular Rocket League has been getting a steady stream of improvements ever since it’s original release. Even more updates are on the way and will be released throughout the rest of the year. Psyonix recently released a ‘Roadmap’ which details their update plans throughout the summer (May-August).
Some cool new features will be implemented in these updates. A few highlights are a brand-new Arena, new in-game Music, new premium DLC, cross-platform friends and updates, and the addition of Rocket Pass. Here’s a full rundown:
In late May, we plan to release a Content Update including:
- A brand new Arena
- The start of Competitive Season 8
- Competitive Season 7 Rewards
- New in-game music with the release of ‘Rocket League x Monstercat Vol. 3’
- And more!
Following the Content Update, June will bring additional activities both in-game and out:
- New, summer-themed in-game Event
- The RLCS Season 5 World Championship live from London (be sure to tune in for Fan Rewards)!
- New Licensed Premium DLC
SUMMER FEATURE UPDATE (JULY-AUGUST)
We also have another huge Feature Update planned for late Summer. Some of the highlights include:
Cross-Platform Friends & Parties
- Register an in-game ID that is a combination of a name with a unique code, like Scarab#7777
- Add friends from other platforms by entering their ID into the new, in-game friends list
- Party up with your new cross-platform friends and play online!
- Leveling Updates
- We’re removing the level cap of 75 and re-balancing the entire level-up curve. Levels will take a fixed amount of XP to earn instead of becoming exponentially longer as you level up.
- You’ll be converted to a new level appropriate for how much you’ve played Rocket League in your career.
- Leveling up grants you an Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare, or Import item (instead of these drops being randomly-timed as they are currently)
- You can earn new Titles and Banners at level 100 and beyond to show off your status
- XP Updates
- As part of the leveling updates, XP is going to become Online-only
- XP will now be based on Time Played in matches in addition to your Score.
- New XP Mechanics!
- Match Completion Bonus (for finishing games)
- Consecutive Games Bonus (for staying in Casual lobbies)
- Party Bonus (for playing with friends)
- Leaver Penalty (to punish quitters in all modes)
- Double XP Weekends
- And more!
Alongside the XP and leveling updates, we’ve also been working on a new system to give you new ways to earn items and make progress while playing Rocket League.
Our “Rocket Pass” system consists of multiple Tiers of earnable content. You increase your Tier by leveling up normally and you’ll unlock new, unique content as you go. Each “Rocket Pass” will last for a few months before it’s retired and a new Pass will take its place with new content to unlock.
The “Rocket Pass” has both Free and Premium tracks so everybody has something to work for. The Free track contains new cosmetic items as well as Decryptors and exclusive in-game Titles, while the Premium track will have a flat cost to unlock. You will be able to preview Premium track content before you buy the unlock to access it.
We are still developing the “Rocket Pass” system and we’ll have more details to share as we get closer to launch!
That’s just a quick look at a few of the major highlights that are coming up this summer. We’re really excited about all of the planned updates and hope you enjoy everything we have in the development pipeline. Thanks for playing!
Having been introduced to video games at the age of 3 via a Nintendo 64, A.K has grown up in the culture. A fan of simulators and racers, with a soft spot for Nintendo! But, he has a great respect for the entire video game world and enjoys watching it all expand as a whole.