505 Games and developer Sproing have announced that their turn-based strategy Quarantine will be released on 9 February.
In Quarantine players become the director of Pandemic Defense which is an international biosecurity agency. The game involves responding to global contagious outbreaks with the help of deployable specialised operatives. Diseases will have to be researched, tech will have to be upgraded and then affected areas need to be quarantined before the outbreak kills humanity. No pressure then.
The game will be releasing on Steam Early Access.
Quarantine Key Features
- Immersive Graphics & Authentic Setting – Inspired by real-world science and epidemic response, experience the tough choices and nail-biting suspense in this modern fight for humanity.
- Battle against 3 lethal pathogens – virus, bacteria, and prion— each with unique behaviors and devastating effects.
- Recruit your team – Choose from dozens of operatives in four specializations— Medic, Scientist, Diplomat, and Security. Deploy them on missions as critical situations unfold around the globe. Level them up—and keep them alive—in the face of escalating danger.
- Expand your reach. Set up field bases and raise crucial funding. Don’t let cities fall into chaos: the livelihood of your organization —and the world— depends on it.
- Devious disease AI – Contain your enemy before it infects new sites and spawns catastrophic events. Race against the clock before the contagion mutates and evolves past your defenses.
- Advance your tech. Unlock upgrades and new operations on the diverse tech tree to adapt your strategy and refine your play style.
- Hit the lab. Collect biological samples from hotspots to research the disease’s randomly generated traits. Use the results to turn the tide and find the cure.
- Hours of Replayability – Increase your resistance with easy challenges so you can endure Nature’s worst. Three difficulty modes, four leaders, a variety of starting locations, and unpredictable gameplay ensure that no two games are the same.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.