Videocult has released a major patch for their survival platformer Rain World that addresses some of the more frustrating issues.
I love Rain World, it has its issues but it’s a great game. The good news is that that Videocult has been listening to feedback since its launch and released a patch which should resolve many of the quirks. Notable changes include the map being saved when you die, more Karma flowers and other Karma changes, movement improvements, and crash fixes.
More patches are incoming along with new content in the future. The full notes are below and if you haven’t checked the game out yet I suggest you do.
Rain World Patch 1.01 Notes
Rain World Gameplay improvements:
* “stuck in holes” fix – disconnected exits will no longer snag you
* subtle backlit slugcat in low visibility swimming situations
* quicker turning around in tunnels
* larger lung capacity while swimming
* nerfed the more intense waterfalls in Shoreline to prevent repeated drownings
* more pearls near Scav tolls in Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Shaded Citadel
* more karma flowers in world
* karma gate requirements on the Shaded Citadel, Drainage System and Underhang side were lowered to prevent players becoming stuck in challenging regions
* food / karma flowers regeneration now ticks forward on deaths (helps eliminate stuck / starvation situations at low karma)
* players will now keep map progress between deaths (Id say 99.5% of people asked for this)
* map now features gate karma symbols and shelter icons when locations are discovered
* karma depletion on game exit removed if done within 30 seconds of sleep cycle
* full karma drop on exit bug fixed (that was a brutal one, sheesh!)
* intro cinematic is now skippable by holding start / esc
* for players having issues with Grey Screen of Death and starting the game from sav files, you can now entirely skip loading the intro by holding “s” when pressing “New Game.” hopefully this helps until we have a real fix!
* many many minor room fixes
* map loading bug fixed (was causing the corrupted savs, ugh)
* gate crashing bug fixed
* assorted stability improvements
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.