Razer announced their newest product, Ripsaw today. Ripsaw is a 1080p capable capture device for Windows. Across a USB 3.0 connection, Razer is able to push 60 FPS at full 1080p, uncompressed, at almost zero latency. The Ripsaw even includes connections for a microphone and music, so you can plug-in and go without dealing with countless audio drivers.
While the Ripsaw is intended to be used with PC, it comes stock with connections for Razer Forge TV, Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Razer’s Ripsaw is intended to work straight out of the box. Simply plug it in, and immediately be able to use it with Open Broadcast Software or XSplit.
Min-Liang Tan, Razer CEO and co-founder, had this to saw on the Ripsaw:
Razer has been involved with the streaming scene since the beginning of game broadcasting, with top streamers using our hardware through the ages to get the unfair gaming advantage in front of audiences. We’re excited to design a game capture card that meets the exacting needs of broadcasters and to also give newcomers a perfect tool to help them possibly become the next Syndicate or Pewdiepie.
Read more on the Razer Ripsaw here and check out all the specs below.
Availability: Worldwide and on RazerStore.com
- Windows 10/8.1/7 (64/32 bit)
- USB 3.0 powered
o Desktop – Intel Core i5-4440 3.10 GHz or above
o Laptop – Intel Core i7-4810MQ or above
- Graphics card:
o Desktop – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 and above
o Laptop – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M and above
- Memory: 4GB minimum (8GB recommended)
- Interface: USB 3.0 only
- Video input: Digital – HDMI / Analog – Component
- Audio input: Digital – HDMI / Analog – RCA L/R
- Audio mix-in input: 3.5 mm mic-in / 3.5 mm aux-in
- Video output: HDMI (pass-through from HDMI and Component input)
- Max capture resolution: Uncompressed 1080p60
- Supported resolutions: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i
Product size and weight:
- Depth: 130 mm / 5.12 in.
- Width: 86 mm / 3.39 in.
- Height: 17 mm / 0.67 in.
- Weight: 183 g / 0.40 lbs.
What’s in the box:
- Razer Ripsaw game capture card
- USB 3.0 cable
- HDMI cable
- Component AV cable
- Component AV Multi cable
- 3.5 mm audio cable
- Important Product Information Guide
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.