Games for Windows Live now removed and there’s a few extras for good measure.
Should you want to play Red Faction Guerrilla on Steam now you can as Nordic Games has released a big update for the game via the Steam Edition.
The new version now comes with quite a few changes and there’s even new content which makes this new version worth a look. The game can be picked up on Steam now for £2.24.
Steam Edition Feature Highlights:
- Added Steam Trading Cards
- DirectX 11 Render Backend instead of DirectX 10 (DirectX 9 still available as a fall-back option)
- Added Wrecking Crew maps: RUINS, REPERCUSSION, IMPERIAL, EXPANSION, FROST, ABANDONED
- Added Behemoth Mode (= Wrecking Crew Mode with Mechs)
- Matchmaking and Multiplayer via Steamworks
- Added Host Migration functionality
- Added Join in Progress functionality to join matches that have already started
- No Games for Windows Live sign-in required
- Leaderboards via Steam
- Voice Chat via Steam
- Achievements via Steam
- At first launch the game attempts to migrate savegames from GFWL to the new system
- Added Russian, Polish and Czech Localization
- Added Achievements to DLC content
- Fixed camera speed in vehicles
- Steam offline mode enabled
- Removed XP limitation for all multiplayer game modes.
- Added voice chat “push to talk” option. It’s enabled by default and it can be changed in the audio options. It’s binded to key “Z” by default.
- Added “Join chat” in matchmaking lobby. When using this option you will be joining RFG chat root
- Changed minimum player number for Siege and Large Mixer to 6
- Fixed mouse acceleration when driving walkers
- Added ability to view Steam Gamer profile in leaderboards and in-game scoreboard
- The time limit between lobby disconnects is doubled
- Minimum players required to start the team game is four and for normal game it’s three.
- Removed Aim Assist in Multiplayer
- Various Stability improvements
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.