Openly inspired by the post-apocalyptic wastes of series’ like Mad Max and Fallout, the next Rocket League DLC will introduce some suitably sand-blasted cars and decals. There’ll also be a free new arena called ‘Wasteland’ for everyone to enjoy.
Dubbed Chaos Run, the DLC will cost $4.00 USD and load the game up with more cosmetic extras like cars, paint-jobs, antenna, and exhaust trails.
The pair of new cars are called Ripper and Grog, and look pretty worthy of sports-inclined warboy. Here’s what will be in the rest of the package:
– 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car).
– 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged).
– 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog).
– 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts).
– 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk).
– 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland).
– 5 New Trophies (PS4) and Achievements (Steam).
The free ‘Wasteland’ stadium, meanwhile, will be the first in Rocket League to have a non-standard design. You can expect “a completely-sloped perimeter, entirely different Boost placements, and a much more prominent, physically-wider pitch”. Chaos Run will be available some time in December.
Furiously witness the trailer, below.