Atari’s RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be arriving on Steam Early Access on 30 March.
The game is available to pre-order for £29.99 via the Steam page, and although the game won’t be feature complete when is launches in Early Access. The plan is to continue adding new features and optimisations over time such as dark rides, transport rides, and piece by piece custom built structures.
The Early Access launch will include the Coaster Builder, a responsive environment with guests, and themed zones such as Sci-fi, Western, and Adventure. Modding capabilities are also be added and will be accompanied by Steam Workshop support.
“The RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise is beloved by millions of fans worldwide, which is something we take very seriously. After careful consideration, the decision to go through the Steam Early Access program was made to ensure that we can get RollerCoaster Tycoon World in the hands of the dedicated fans that have followed us throughout the development process as soon as possible,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “As passionate RollerCoaster Tycoon fans ourselves, we look forward to working with our community and those new to the series on how we can make RollerCoaster Tycoon World the best theme park simulation game possible. Early Access allows us to openly communicate with fans about upcoming content and features and the community will help us shape our roadmap.”
Developer Nvizzio Creations also plan on releasing free content updates this year including piece by piece coaster building, tunnels, Dark Rides, Transportation Rides, weather, and more.
In a blog update the development team has also listed their planned features which as are as follows:
- An innovative coaster builder, combining freeform and piece-by-piece options for ultimate control
- Freeform object placement, allowing you to put every in-game object exactly where you want it
- Curved paths in a variety of widths and styles, bringing your park previously unheard of flexibility in layout
- A fully integrated Steam UGC system, giving you the freedom to create any object you want and import it DIRECTLY into the game
- Fully deformable terrain and water effects to change your park’s landscape quickly and easily
- Steam workshop support, to share content and utilize the creative power of the community
- Steam social integration and park sharing to stay connected with your fellow Tycoons from around the world
- Campaign mode
- An initial set of Scenarios
- The Sandbox mode
- 10 different types of coasters (all complete with ride cams)
- Over 30 different flat rides
- Tons of scenery Items to populate your parks
- 4 different themes (sci-fi, adventure, generic, and western)
- And much, much more
- Piece-by-Piece Custom Built Structures
- Scenario Editor
- Mini-rides and Dark Rides
- Additional scenarios
- Transport Rides
- Fence Builder
- New and expanded decoration themes
- Additional Flat-rides
- Custom music
- New Rollercoaster types