The latest game update for Facepunch’s Rust is music to my ears as they’ve finally decided to get rid of Zombies.
After complaints about zombies making an appearance in the game Facepunch has made the sensible decision to ditch them from the survival game. The undead have now been replaced by red bears and wolves but this is placeholder until something else is added. According to Facepunch “all will be revvvealed” when the time is right for something new.
This update also covers a variety of improvements and additions.
- no longer exploitable by walking backwards
- fears hostile wildlife
- reacts to gunshots
- hostile wildlife retreats if it cannot find a path to you
- wildlife should not jump up and switch to random angles anymore
- removed white wolf
- added new models for wood & stone resources
- wood & stone resources change model to indicate their quantity
- added another stone resource – contains mostly stone
- fixed bugs with the level (such as rocks intersecting buildings)
- the ‘oil tank’ area has been modified with cover
- workbenches make you craft faster when standing next to them
- added new player animations
- improved melee attack animations
- added locked backpacks and lockpicks test ( off by default )
- when you die your backpack is locked for everyone else but you for a time
- someone else can use a lockpick tool to bypass this time
- lockpick tools are a default blueprint
- you can’t use lockpicks on doors
- the amount of time the backpack is locked for is per-server and can be set with the command player.backpackLockTime seconds
- can be turned off by setting player.backpackLockTime to 0
- footstep sounds will never play the same sound as the one previously played
- grass textures have been improved
- there are a small number of areas with what seems like invisible walls
- there are one or two rocks without collision
- there used to be about 200 wolves in one area of the map, we fixed it, though.
It’s great to see zombies go because I am sick to death of watching them shamble about in games and Rust is game that certainly doesn’t need them.Related to this article