Exploring the city of Santo Ileso should be a fun-filled endeavor, and nothing can beat the thrill of gliding through the air while you’re at it. Fortunately, you’ve got the gear that can let you do just that. Here’s our Saints Row guide to help you get and use the wingsuit.
Note: We’ll have a Saints Row guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Saints Row guide – How to get and use the wingsuit
Gaining access to the wingsuit in Saints Row
Getting the wingsuit in Saints Row is fairly straightforward. All you need to do is complete the tutorial missions until you’re able to head out in Santo Ileso proper. Getting to use it, however, requires that you’re falling from a greater height first. There are a few ways that you can do this:
- Towers – While traversing the game world, you might notice little towers with flags surrounding them. You can interact with these, whereupon the Boss will shoot the winch to propel you upward.
- Skyscrapers/elevators – There are buildings in the city that have a yellow elevator icon. Ride these and jump off the rooftop.
- Ejector seats – Some cars have an ejector seat that you can use, allowing you to jump straight into the air.
- Exiting a helicopter/aircraft – Once you have access to a flying vehicle, you can exit it while in mid-air.
To activate the wingsuit in Saints Row, just press the spacebar while you’re falling. Your character will then spread their arms, giving you directional control.
- By default, you’ll use the “A” and “D” keys to move sideways, while the “W” and “S” keys control your pitch.
- Hold the CTRL key to slow down and brake. This will allow you to slowly float back down on the ground as opposed to crashing into the pavement at blazing speeds.
- Pressing the spacebar once again will cause you to drop, so beware of fall damage.
Saints Row is available via the Epic Games Store.