Coffee Stain Studios will be releasing the third piece of Sanctum 2 DLC this Friday on Steam.
The new DLC called The Pursuit will see players take on a new enemy from the end of the second DLC (Ruins of Brightholme ) and add new weapons, two new towers and seven new perks.
“We had a lot of fun developing this segment of the Sanctum 2 storyline,” said Anton Westberg, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios. “With The Pursuit, we wanted to make it even more action oriented as players chase down an arch enemy. I think the thrilling hunt combined with the cool new options make this one of the more entertaining DLC updates.”
The DLC will cost $4.99 and full details of what’s inside are as follows:
- Rad Weaponry – Take advantage of two new weapons: Grenade Launcher and Drone Launcher. The Grenade Launcher fires bouncing explosives that includes a cluster grenade option while the Drone Launcher sends smart aerial drones to attack enemies in a swarm of laser fire or a “suicide option” where drones crash into foes for explosive damage.
- Towers of Power – Two new towers power-up the available defensive options. The Friendship Laser fires a single-shot laser and will also channel laser power to neighboring Friendship Laser towers, amplifying damage against monsters. The Mind Control Spire changes enemies into allies that attack other monsters for a few seconds.
- Tougher Opposition – New adversaries include the aggressive and highly armored Heavy Pup and the flying Bliskeblaske that changes when taking damage into a more hardened, defensive form.
- Sweet Perks – Seven new perks give gamers additional skills including the ability to call for defensive shield reinforcements, increased damage when firing next to a tower, and the lightning “Zeus Module” that dramatically upgrades tower damage.
- Four Additional Map s – Each of the four new map levels are introduced with their own comic book style pages, giving players a deeper view into The Pursuit story.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.