The stealth title Shadwen from Frozenbyte will be coming to the PC next month.
In Shadwen players take on the role of an assassin on a quest to kill the king accompanied by an orphan girl called Lily. The idea is to take down the enemy in as stealthily as possible to avoid losing the trust of your orphan companion.
Following their demo campaign where gamers played the demo to batter down the retail price, the game will be available for $14.55.
Peter took a look at an early build of the game if you want to know more.
Shadwen Game Features
- MOVE FREELY – Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- STAY HIDDEN – Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
- TIME IS AN ACCOMPLICE – Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- USE PHYSICS – Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- CREATE TRAPS AND HAZARDS – Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- TWO CHARACTERS – Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.