To mark a 15th anniversary for the company, Frozenbyte have put their catalogue on sale through Steam and issued a free update to stealth title Shadwen. The latter adds 14 new ‘reversed’ levels to the game.
In the original Shadwen levels, your overall objective was to reach the main castle and assassinate the King. Now, your task is to escape the castle. “The levels have not just been turned around, but we have also added more guards to the mix,” say Frozenbyte. As well as upping the difficulty, the new missions have some hidden treasure maps scattered throughout.
Here’s the changelog for the update, which also implements a few fixes. It’s followed by some screenshots, and a video documenting Frozenbyte’s last 15 years of releases.
v1.0.0 (build 1356) – August 9th, 2016
- 14 Reverse levels
- Each Reverse level contains a hidden chest
- Levels contain new gameplay
- Lots of game launcher fixes (mostly on Linux systems)
- Other smaller gameplay and crash fixes
- Small optimizations here and there
- Added more options to in-game menus
- Difficulty settings modified completely
- Graphic settings added to Visual settings menu
- OS X version might not get focus when started from Launcher, use Cmd + Tab to open it
- Old levels created with public level editor might not work correctly with new game data. Sorry for the inconvenience!