Maxis has finally released the 1.7 patch for SimCity which includes the traffic improvements.
when the game launched one of the main problems was the routing of traffic around the cities which was causing huge bottlenecks and essential services were unable to reach their destinations taking an optimal route.
This patch improves the AI traffic pathing where vehicles should now avoid blocked routes and there was some real isssues at intersections which will hopefully be sorted out now in this update.
The 1,7 notes read as follows:
- •Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
- •Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
- •Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
- •All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
- •Performance improvements for low spec systems.
- •New Server: Asia 2 will be released Tuesday afternoon (PDT)!