The Sims 4 City Living expansion isn’t quite released everywhere yet (that’ll be 3 November), but it’s out today in North America. It adds the City of San Myshuno to the game, bringing with it new neighbourhoods, apartment living, metropolitan careers, and various cultural festivals.
City Living adds Politician, Food and/or Art Critic (is food art? discuss), and Social Media Person as prospective jobs for your Sims. If you opt for the first, you might wind up in a Penthouse apartment. For the others, I’d imagine the “cockroaches, leaky pipes, and electrical problems” of more basic apartment accommodation will be more likely. Unless you become the very best of the best, I suppose.
Outside of your Sims 4 apartments, you’ll find the “Arts Quarter, Spice Market, Fashion District and Uptown” neighbourhoods of San Myshuno to explore. City Living is a $40 expansion, containing the following things.
- Exploring the lively and densely populated City of San Myshuno, featuring four distinct neighborhoods including the new Arts Quarter, Spice Market, Fashion District and Uptown.
- Overcoming the charm and inherent challenges that come with a first apartment, such as cockroaches, leaky pipes, and electrical problems, as Sims work their way up to a beautiful penthouse with panoramic views.
- Getting closer with the neighbors as Sims experience a myriad of fun and awkward situations that could lead to romance, friendships, or even animosity.
- Embarking on three new, metropolitan careers as Sims make dramatic speeches as a Politician, exemplify culture as a Food or Art Critic, or Inspire the masses and earn followers while pursuing a career in Social Media.
- Experiencing five lively, cultural and dynamic street festivals all over the city while admiring street performers, participating in fun competitions, collecting unique swag, and more.