Perhaps in part in response to reports of crashes with Patch 1.1, there’s already a Patch 1.2 available for Skyrim Special Edition through Steam’s beta branch system. To access this, right-click on Skyrim Special Edition in your Steam library, click on Properties, then the Beta tab, and finally select 1.2 from the drop-down menu.
Steam should do the rest by automatically applying the beta patch, but give it a restart if that doesn’t happen. The game will gain a little [beta] tag to let you know you’re opting in.
This beta patch looks like it tackles problems with alt-tabbing out of the game, and some specific crashes related to Load Order of mods. Here’s the changelog.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue related to using alt-tab while playing the game (PC)
- Fixed issue with water flow not rendering properly
- Fixed crash related to changing from werewolf back to human form
- Fixed crash related to reloading after changing Load Order of mods
- General bug fixing and improvements with browsing Mods