Sons of the Forest has you gathering all sorts of objects, amassing a ton of stuff that can be used for crafting. Still, you might want to know how the entire process works. Here’s our guide to help you craft and combine items in Sons of the Forest.
Note: For more information, check out our Sons of the Forest guides and features hub.
Sons of the Forest guide – How to craft and combine items
The process to combine items in Sons of the Forest is somewhat different compared to what you see in the Guide Book. The Guide Book shows objects that are normally placed in the game world. Some are fixtures that let you attach other items, while others are structures that have an outline that you slowly fill up with materials. Combining items, however, is more akin to traditional crafting mechanics in Sons of the Forest.
Here’s the gist:
- Open your inventory by pressing the “I” key. All your gathered items will be shown, and you can pan the camera around to see them.
- Right-click on an object to place it in the center of the interface. For example, you can do that with a stick.
- Next, check the nearby gear icon. This will show all crafting recipes that you’ve discovered as long as they use that particular material. Here are some examples if you simply place a stick:
- Torch – 1x stick and 1x cloth.
- Crafted Bow – 2x stick, 1x duct tape, and 1x rope.
- Crafted Spear – 2x stick, 1x duct tape, and 1x knife.
- Other recipes will appear as well if you place a different item. For instance, you could open Canned Food if you’re hungry, or make a Molotov Cocktail that you can throw.
- Once all the required items have been placed in the center, right-click on the gear icon. This will let you combine items in Sons of the Forest and complete the crafting process.
Sons of the Forest is available via Steam.