Euro Truck Simulator 2 has been out in the wild for quite some time now, but the folks over at SCS Software continue to support it with new content. A new DLC pack has been released which adds some special new trailers and intense new jobs to the roster. Called the ‘Special Transport DLC’, prepare to put your driving skills to the test by hauling incredibly valuable cargo that requires the utmost level of precision and caution!
The new DLC pack is now live on Steam for: USD $ 4.99, € 4.99, £ 3.99.
ABOUT ETS 2: SPECIAL TRANSPORT
Only the most skilled and experienced truck drivers are called to perform Special Transport jobs. The new DLC will challenge the players and let them experience super-sized cargoes with length and width exceeding standard cargo regulations. Driving through tight passages requires millimeter-precision maneuvering!
The routes will be secured by two escort vehicles guiding the driver through the transport job from its start to the place of delivery. The player has to obey the escort vehicles’ advice and carefully watch for every inch of the road to deliver the cargo in pristine condition.
- 11 huge cargoes (up to 70 tons, 6 m width, 5+ m height and 20+ m length)
- 4 new special trailers
- Unique job routes for the Special Transport (most in the base map, some through DLC expansions, more to come)
- A combination of over 80 special transport jobs
- Custom AI escort vehicles
- Original intros and cutscenes related to the cargoes, jobs, and places along the routes
- New models, characters, and animations of people assisting or spectating the transport
- curious pedestrians, journalists or transport co-workers along the routes
- new set of warning beacons for the trucks
- Special Transport achievements
- Close collaboration with AI escort vehicles
- Enhanced AI behavior: clearing the path, stopping traffic, giving advice, pushing opposing vehicles to the side etc.
- Possibility to Fail the given Job on the spot if you do not adhere to strict instructions or regulations
- New checkpoints system to keep the player’s progress in a special transport job safe
[SOURCE: Press Release]Related to this article
Having been introduced to video games at the age of 3 via a Nintendo 64, A.K has grown up in the culture. A fan of simulators and racers, with a soft spot for Nintendo! But, he has a great respect for the entire video game world and enjoys watching it all expand as a whole.