Cloud Imperium has launched the 2.1.0 version of Star Citizen on the PTU which they say is “open to all players”.
Usually a small group is added to the PTU group but this time it’s been opened up to backers. 2.1.0 has been launched on the PTU first because they’ve “discovered a couple of issues that prevent it from being a fully enjoyable and stable gaming experience (particularly, temporary significant drops in framerates)”.
The plan was to get this launched on the live some time in the past week but with the holidays now here they’re at least giving players the opportunity to take it for a spin now.
A quick reminder to everyone that playing on the PTU will require a further 30GB of HD space as it’s a different version to the 2.0.0 live game. If you have any bandwidth restrictions or your HD is full it’s probably better to wait until 2.1.0 launches on live.
The 2.1.0 PTU version includes the following changes :
- Freelancer damage states are not fully implemented and will not be working during the initial 2.1.0 PTU launch.
- The AEGIS Sabre is now hangar-ready!
- The new MISC Freelancer (base) model is is now available in the Hangar!
- Freelancer S4 Ballistic Cannons have been changed to the Tarantula GT-870 Mark 3Environment
- A new lighting pass for Revel and York has begun.
- Fixed an issue with texture conflicts in the left and right expansion bays of Selfland.
- Fixed an issue where some untextured items would appear on the reflections inside the VFG Industrial Hangar.
- Fixed an issue where there was a faint pink-purple tinge in the VFG Industrial Hangar lighting.Technical
- Fixed an issue where having all Constellation variants in the hangar at once would cause severe streaming issues.User Interface
- Fixed an issue where the ladders in the VFG Industrial had no use prompts to descend them.
Arena Commander Module:
- Pilots can no longer exit ships in Arena Commander.
- Except for Free Flight mode, where pilots and crew can still exit their ships and EVA freely.
- Fixed an issue where decoupled mode could be activated while in Cruise mode.
- Fixed an issue where ship attachments (weapons and components) would not behave correctly when the ship was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the Battle Royale game mode would sometimes not end.
- Fixed an issue where players could get kicked from Vanduul Swarm for being idle while waiting to respawn.
- Fixed an issue where ejecting during self-destruct would allow players to bypass the respawn penalty.Ships
- Fixed an issue where the self-destruct of a ship would be canceled after ejecting or exiting the pilot chair.
- Fixed an issue where the P-52 Merlin could not respawn in Race mode.
- Fixed an issue where multiple ships had broken or incorrect damage states in multiplayer game mode.User Interface
- Fixed an issue where Vanduul ships weapons were not being displayed in the OVR HUD.
- Fixed an issue where ship holograms were not displaying sections of the ship.
- The first iteration of our new physicalized EVA system is in place.
- Two new sliders have been added to the audio option menu.
- “Dynamic Range” and “Ship Computer Speech Volume”.Ship
- The MISC Freelancer (base) is now flyable in Crusader.Environment
- Added an “aim” pose for characters that are prone.User Interface
- Both the Hangar Elevator and the Main Menu “Universes” UI now allows users to select instances (either best available or instances with friends/contacts) after they have selected the location.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.