OK folks, the time has come to launch the 3.0 Star Citizen PTU if you are a backer. It’s now open to one and all.
CIG has managed to push this out the door to one and all just in time for Christmas and it’s time to test the game prior to a full 3.0 release. The main issues have again been framerate and crashes so with any luck having more people test this might help.
With Christmas only a couple of days away, CIG will hopefully not have their staff working silly hours to monitor this. It’s a bit mad pushing this live over the holiday break but it’s CIG so anything is possible.
If you are a back, follow these instructions to get Star Citizen up and running on the PTU.
– Download the installer at https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-prerelease/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.31.exe .
– While this is installing, copy your account to PTU at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/account/copy/ptu.
– You will get your temporary PTU password delivered in email.
PLEASE NOTE: This process is subject to heavy load and may take up to an hour!
– New Default Controls Scheme: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-default-control-changes
– PTU Frequently Asked Questions: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-frequently-asked-questions
We’ll try and take a look at it as soon as we can. Just whacked a 1080 into this PC today so it will be interesting to see how it handles.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.