After a period of testing on the PTU, CIG has now released the Star Citizen 3.1.0 alpha for everyone and it is now on the live servers.
This update brings a few new additions to the alpha including the character customiser (see this video) which is available from the main menu allowing players to tweak hairstyles, skin tone, and more. CIG says this is the first iteration of the system so expect more to be added eventually.
Players are also now able to create Service Beacons from the Contract Manager in their mobiGlas and hire other players to provide Combat Assistance or Personal Transport. Again, this system will be refined but it’s a start.
New ships now live with this update include the Tumbril Cyclone, Aegis Reclaimer, Anvil Terrapin, MISC Razor, and Nox Kue.
The main features in these latest Star Citizen patch notes can be seen below and full patch notes are available here which includes the latest fixes and changes.
Star Citizen 3.1.0 alpha New Features
- With this feature, players can adjust aspects of their character’s physical appearance, such as face shape, eye color, hair style, and skin tone.
- Players can now safely logout from major stations like Levski, Grim HEX, and Port Olisar. This will persist between sessions for when players log back into the game.
- Player will now earn virtue reputation for killing NPC pirates.
Interdiction and Quantum Jamming
- AI pilots can now carry Quantum Jammers aboard their ships. These devices produce a field which stop Quantum Drives from being able to function. Players who are interdicted will now first have to destroy ships carrying Jammers before they can Quantum Travel away to safety.
- Service Beacons have been introduced to the PU economy. Using the mobiGlas, players can create and customize “Personal Transport” or “Combat Assistance” contracts that will be made available to other players to complete for the agreed upon payment. After the contract ends, players will be able to review each others performance with a positive or negative rating.
- The old Combat Markers were replaced with new 3D versions that include target brackets, hit indication, and missile locks.
- The visor screen has had additional hit effects for shields and hull areas added to the displays for your ship and targeted ships.
- A new MFD screen has been added allowing players to customize the view angles of the target/self visor screens.
New Ships and Vehicles
- Tumbril Cyclone
- Aegis Reclaimer
- Anvil Terrapin
- MISC Razor
- Nox Kue
New Ship Weapons
- PRAR Distortion Scatterguns
- Salvation (size 4)
- Absolution (size 5)
- Condemnation (size 6)
- APAR Ballistic Scattergun
- Havoc (size 1)
- Hellion (size 2)
- Predator (size 3)
- KBAR 10-Series Greatsword Ballistic Cannon (size 2)
- AMRS Omnisky IX Laser Cannon
- GATS Yellowjacket Ballistic Gatling (size 1)
- CF-557 Galdereen Repeater (size 5)
- PRAR Distortion Scatterguns
- KSAR Custodian Energy SMG
- GMNI R97 Ballistic Shotgun