As mentioned yesterday, ten rather major games are currently available to play for free on Steam, or to buy at a discount.
Steam’s amusingly named “Free Weekend” weekend means that ten games can be played for free over the weekend, or permanently tied to your account if you fancy buying them at a discount. The big difference between what I knew yesterday is that now I know how big those discounts are.
Here are the games you can play for free for the next few days, and the prices if you want the ability to play them forever:
- Awesomenauts – £1.74 (75% discount)
- Blade Symphony – £2.74 (75% discount)
- Company of Heroes 2 – £7.49 (75% discount)
- Don’t Starve – £3.73 (66% discount)
- GRID 2 – £4.99 (75% discount)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition – £7.49 (50% discount)
- Killing Floor – £3.74 (75% discount)
- Payday 2 – £5.74 (75% discount)
- Trine 2: Complete Story – £2.79 (80% discount)
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown – £4.94 (67% discount)
If you fancy playing them or buying them, just head on over to the sale page on Steam. Do note that it looks like most of the DLC is discounted, too, so if – for instance – you already have Payday 2 but fancy picking up one of the weapon packs or maybe the Big Bank Heist, you can do so for cheaper than usual.
While we’re at it: the original Payday: The Heist is totally free forever today, if you log in and add it to your library within a 24 hour period.Related to this article
Tim has been playing PC games for longer than he’s willing to admit. He’s written for a number of publications, but has been with PC Invasion – in all its various incarnations – for over a decade. When not writing about games, Tim can occasionally be found speedrunning terrible ones, making people angry in Dota 2, or playing something obscure and random. He’s also weirdly proud of his status as (probably) the Isle of Man’s only professional games journalist.