Oriental Empires, the upcoming 4X turn-based strategy from Iceberg Interactive and developer Shining Pixel Studios, will be leaving Steam early access next month.
The game will finally leave testing and release on 14 September and come with a host of new features such as 15 players in a single multiplayer campaign, more language support, and trading cards. A new scenario is also being added and players will start in the Warring States Era with access to new factions and a populated map.
If you’ve not been following Oriental Empires, the features list looks like this and there’s a discount currently available on Steam.
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world.
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force, or by diplomatic persuasion.
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties.
- Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia.
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player.
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces.
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview.
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water.
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments.
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of you quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings.
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game!
- Conquer together or betray your allies. Anything goes in multiplayer mode, supporting up to 15 players.