Capcom is calling all fighter fans to assemble as there’s a free week coming up for Street Fighter V PC players.
The week-long free period will run from 28 March at 1PM PST (9PM GMT) until 3 April 12 PM (8PM GMT) PST. All current and new fighters will be available to players during this period including the recently-released Kolin,
Why are they doing this? Capcom wants to test out balance adjustments for Season 2 and it will on the Steam version and only includes online modes.
Capcom is also making adjustments to the Capcom Fighters Network (CFN) which as follows:
- Matchmaking Improvements
- For most players, it will take less time to find an opponent in online matches. Matchmaking logic will help players avoid being frequently matched with the same opponent.
- Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times
- There will be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual match.
- Interactive Timeline
- On the new CFN home menu, a live feed of Friends’ activities will be presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, players can immediately add a recent match to their Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.
- Friend Management System
- In addition to adding someone to Favorites, players can now blacklist players or add friends and follow them on CFN.
- “Rage Quit” Penalty System
- Special “rage quit” player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.
- Training Mode – User Settings Saved
- Training Mode settings will be saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.
- Battle Lounge Country Flags
- Country flags will appear in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
- Country / League Based Rankings
- Players will be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.
- In-Game Announcer Voice
- The in-game announcer will provide players and opponents with stats using data pulled from the server.
- Fighter Profile Stats
- More detailed stats will be tracked and presented on Fighter Profiles.
If you’ve never tried Street Fighter V this is an ideal opportunity to test your button bashing skills.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.