There have not been that many action sub games over the years but there’s a new one coming called Diluvion.
Scheduled for release on 2 February, Diluvion from Arachnid Games will transport players to an undersea world to captain subs while exploring and surviving the depths. Players will find themselves trapped in a world that has been forced underwater following the Great Flood. Now stuck under a sheet of ice, humanity is fighting for survival.
The game comes with nine unique vessels to control with upgradable weapons and specialised crew rosters. Factors such as food and oxygen will need to be taken into account while undertaking the quest to “discover humanity’s greatest secret”. Exploring, trading loot, and collecting bounties will all come into play.
Features you can expect to see include:
- A Beautiful Underwater World to Explore: Three massive and beautifully realized open sea zones to explore, each with their own factions, local stories and more
- Innovative Combination of 2D & 3D Graphics: Experience the mysteries of the deep in beautifully rendered 3D graphics as you navigate your submarine, and seamlessly switch to meticulously hand-painted 2D graphics when exploring towns and cities
- Thrilling Real-Time Submarine Combat: Utilize an arsenal of underwater weapons to engage in life-or-death firefights with other submarines and deadly terrifying creatures
- Crew Recruitment: Assemble your own unique crew to fight alongside you by recruiting different Helmsmen, Gunners and Sonar Technicians. Utilize each of their special skills and personalities to change the flow of combat and exploration.
- Upgradable Submarines: Continuously improve your vessel by acquiring new weapons that can dramatically change the tide of battle, and gain access to new areas by increasing its dive depth by collecting hull armour plates
- 9 Pilotable Submarines: Explore the world to uncover 9 unique pilotable submarines, each with their own feel, strengths and weaknesses
- Resource Management: This world is not for the faint of heart, as resources are limited and survival is a constant battle. You’ll have to actively manage your food supplies and oxygen levels should you wish to keep your crew alive and overcome the perils of the sea
- Upgradeable Home Base: Build- and grow your own base of operations under the sea to house all your stand-by crew members and submarines. Upgrade your base to increase your notoriety and wealth, as upgraded bases can also house valuable opportunities, such as rare item merchants and bars with notorious sailors as patrons.
- Loot System: The world is filled with rare loot and hidden quests to discover…. Especially for those who dare to venture off the beaten path
- Terrifying Underwater Foes: Explore the world and test your bravery against giant sea creatures and mysteries undersea anomalies!
The game is available for pre-order now on Steam.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.