EA Sports has put out a second patch for FIFA 14, though at present it has only been applied to the PC version of the game. If you’re playing on console, you’ll have to wait until an unspecified time next week for the update to be released. This patch follows on from the ‘Day One’ update that all version of the game received.
Unsurprisingly, many of these fixes are to do with balls. Lofted through balls have been ‘balanced,’ as have headed balls and finessed balls. That’s a lot of ball balancing; but if I had to choose anyone to handle my balls into a place where they were more balanced, I would surely choose EA Sports. Here’s a full list of changes:
• Balancing lofted through balls.
• Balancing attacking headers.
• Balancing finesse shots.
• Improved defender switching during crosses.
• Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay.
• Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards.
• Improvements made to Dynamic Camera.
• Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park.
• Corrected “Any” and “GK” filters in Pro Clubs.
• We’ve responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date.
In addition, the developers say they have located “some of the issues causing freezing throughout the game,” but not all of them. The instruction here is to keep yelling about your frozen balls on the FIFA 14 forum. Someone will probably hear your pleas and look into it.
More updates for the title will follow at a later date. This one will be automatically applied through EA’s Origin platform. The IncGamers review of FIFA 14 is in the works and will be up later in the week.Related to this article