Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris presents you with a number of challenges during your adventures in the Underworld. One of these challenges involves fighting Divine Beasts, mythical creatures with untold powers (they’re all level 80+). You’ll be able to summon them once you’ve empowered a Monolith in a region, and defeating these monsters will net you amazing weapons. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris guides and features hub.
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris – Divine Beasts and Monoliths guide
For this Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris guide, the idea is to first look at the basics related to this activity. Then, we’ll start discussing the locations of each Divine Beast and Monolith as well as their respective rewards.
Just to be clear, the monsters listed in this guide are all, technically, Divine Beasts. However, I’m providing a distinction between “the big bad level 80+ bosses” (aka. the Divine Beasts) and the level 40-60 monsters you’ll need to kill to spawn them (aka. the relic/elite beasts).
Below, you’ll find a list of the Monoliths in Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris. The elites in various locations are also mentioned. Likewise, I’ve added the Divine Beast that you’ll fight and the rewards you can obtain. I would suggest checking the basics first so you have a grasp of how this content works.
Anyway, click on the Divine Beast/Monolith mini-guide for the location that you need help with:
- The basics – How exactly do you find those Monoliths and spawn those Divine Beasts?
- Sunhorn the Vanished (Starfall Bow): Cordea Plains Monolith – Cordea Plains and Mildea Plains are the requirements.
- Flashfang the Ancient (Savage Squall 1H Sword): Lodend Mountains Monolith – Lodend Mountains and Uetra Valley are the requirements.
- Greeneye the Absent (Phantasmagoria Dagger): Rivalier Forest Monolith – Rivalier Forest, Sustnel Mountains, and Old Norlangarth Castle are the requirements.
- Earthfang the Lost (Guardian Dragon Armor): Deusoldort Desert Monolith – Deusoldort Desert and Vizeah Valley are the requirements.
- Skycrawl the Monstrous (Midnight Rain Rapier): Raubal Greenbelt Monolith – Raubal Greenbelt, Snild Snow Fields, and Western Ravine are the requirements.
- Lightseeker the Divine (Void Eater 1H Sword): Minelda Rocks Monolith – Minelda Rocks and Creyst Cove are the requirements.
- Waredge the Virtuous (Midnight Sun Katana): Sivilia Mountains Monolith – Sivilia Mountains and Warmia Greenbelt are the requirements.
- Bloomcrown the Temptress (Cactus Bludgeon Mace): Sarole Mountains Monolith – Sarole Mountains and Lockiss Rocks are the requirements.
- Godhorn the Abominable (Demonblade Crimson Stream 2H Sword): Treitis Pass Monolith – Treitis Pass, Reind Lakeshore, and Southern Corridor are the requirements.
- Thundertail the Vicious (Dragontail Whip): Great Mound Road/Eastern Gate Monolith – Great Mount Road/Eastern Gate and Villind Plateaus are the requirements.
Note: For a handy list of material/item drops from various enemies, including Divine Beasts, you can refer to this Google Docs compilation from Quasla, a respected member of the Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Discord community.