The latest PC patch for Terraria, version 1.3.3, comes dangerously close to invoking Darude by adding sandstorms to the popular 2D dig-and-build-a-thon. Other, more desirable, items can now be found in the desert biome as well.
New items, new enemies, and a new soundtrack (probably not Darude, but I can’t confirm) are all included. In addition, both Desert and Underworld settings have gained a hazy heat effect, and Blizzards should have a new visual effect as well. Heading back to the Desert environment for a second, there are now dripping sand effects to be found which can be “placed anywhere by the player with the Magic Sand Dropper”.
Here’s a full list of features, changes and additions in Terraria 1.3.3.
- A new weather event has been added, sandstorms! With it come new enemies, new loot, a new soundtrack, and a unique experience in the desert biome!
- Blizzards now have a new visual effect
- Deserts and the Underworld now have a heat distortion visual effect.
- Dripping sand effects can be found in the desert, and placed anywhere by the player with the Magic Sand Dropper!
- Sand Poachers now inflict the Venom debuff
- Dune Splicers now have more HP and Defense
- Dune Splicers and Tomb Crawlers may be more aggressive, especially during Sandstorms.
- Added a new block mining visual effect
- Added multiplayer performance improvements
- Upped spawn rates in underground desert
- Fixed sliders in the gamepad settings not being “locked on” when dragged around
- Fixed certain textures loading wrong at random, and producing weird artifacts
- Fixed underground desert worms being too rare
- Fixed Portal Gun secondary fire conflicting with Grappling Hooks on Gamepad
- Fixed a number of exploits
- Fixed rain, water, and lava sounds persisting when the game window is inactive
- Fixed drills shooting confetti at supersonic speeds when under the effects of Flask of Party
- Added the Forbidden Armor Set
- Added Ancient Horn (Basilisk Mount)
- Added Onyx Blaster
- Added Sky Fracture
- Added Mandible Blade
- Added Spirit Flame
- Added Pocket Mirror
- Added Djinn’s Curse
- Added Lamia Vanity Set
- Added the Ancient Vanity Set
- Added Desert Spirit Lamp
- Added Magic Sand Dropper
- Added Sandstorm Music Box!
- And several new banners!