The Anacrusis is a co-op first-person shooter for up to four players. Once you log on, you might be wondering which characters you’ll be using and if there’s any difference. Here’s our guide to help you with character selection, game prioritization, and loadouts in The Anacrusis.
Note: For more information, check out our guides and features hub for The Anacrusis. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide is based on the Early Access version of the game.
The Anacrusis characters guide – Character selection, prioritization, and loadouts
Currently, The Anacrusis has four characters: Guion, Nessa, Liu, and Lance. Everyone plays the same way and there’s no difference when it comes to mechanics. At best, you’re just listening to a different voice line and whatnot.
Now, you’re probably thinking of picking a character to “main.” Sadly, that’s not possible since you can’t select a specific avatar. Instead, you’re simply assigned one as soon as you join a match. It all depends on whether you’re playing solo or with a party.
Here’s the gist:
- Assuming you’re playing solo, you will always be Guion as he’s the first in line in the sequence. The other three will be your AI bot companions.
- However, if you’re with a party, then the character you control will depend on your join order:
- The host will be Guion (first player).
- The next one to join will be Nessa.
- Liu is the third player on the team.
- Lastly, Lance is the final squadmate.
As for the loadouts panel accessible via the main menu, this is where you’ll see any emotes, banners, titles, and skins that you’ve obtained. We’ll likely find more of these down the line as development for The Anacrusis continues.