The Sims 4 received a pre-release patch, which isn’t all that surprising – but is quite funny when you look at what it fixes.
Obviously, this isn’t something you should use to judge the game. Lots of games get day one patches, and The Sims 4 is no different. The Sims 4 is one of the few with day one patch notes that are quite this funny, though.
Personal favourite: “Babies no longer multiply if left in the Household Inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.” Probably for the best, that. “Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states” is also pretty damn good, mind you!
The full patch notes are below, although you can also read them over on EA’s help site.
Severe Issues / Crashes:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create A Sim that could occur after the you lock and unlock your computer.
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed an issue with “Shine on Men’s Suit”, “Glitter and Abs”, “Big Hat of Shame”, “Star-Spangled Glasses” and the “Tiki Bar”, not remembering their unlocked state upon reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states.The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
- Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
- You can now exit Build Mode when not on your home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
- Game no longer hangs if you attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
- Splitting and merging households no longer results in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
- Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household die.
- Babies no longer multiply if left in the Household Inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mode from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create A Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow you to modify their face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects (via the shift + [,] cheat) that are shared to the Gallery will now remember their enlarged state for others to enjoy.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become non-responsive when attempting to save a lot to the your library.
Babies: causing weird problems, both in the real world and in the virtual The Sims 4 world.
The Sims 4 is out now in America, but those of us in Europe have to wait until Friday. We’ve had a look at the early user impressions, but still advise you to save your money until I get my HANDS OF JUDGMENT on it this Friday.