A new, 500mb-ish patch has been released for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, offering some UI tweaks, graphical and performance upgrades, and bug fixes.
A few of the tweaks in here are things that (again) probably should’ve been in the original release, but hey, I’m happy to see them getting added. For instance: the item comparison window should no longer display outside of the actual screen, which is what it tended to do if you were comparing a piece of equipment at the bottom of a shopkeeper’s stock.
More importantly for people with ninja-bastard supercomputers are the performance and graphical enhancements. “Texture rendering quality for high/ultra presets improved”, for instance, and “Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.” It’s just not The Witcher without realistically flowing locks, after all.
You can take a look at the full set of patch notes below.
- Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.
- Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
- Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
- Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
- 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
- Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
- Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
- Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
- A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
- Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
- Overall stability and performance improvements.
- Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
- Game icon updated.
- Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
- Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
- Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
- Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
- Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.