Yuan Shao was an exemplary general who served the Han Empire. Unfortunately, his disastrous clash with Cao Cao forever made him known as an indecisive leader, a Fatuous Lord, if you will. Still, maybe you can turn things around. Here’s our Yuan Shao campaign guide for Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided.
Note: For more information, check out our Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide is based on Romance Mode playthroughs with VH/VH difficulty selected.
Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided – Yuan Shao campaign guide
We’ll be dealing with a lot of mechanics and facets when it comes to Yuan Shao’s 200 CE campaign in Total War: Three Kingdoms – Fates Divided. You can refer to the pages below for the parts that you need help with:
- I. Opening moves: Domestics
- II. Opening moves: Armies
- III. Breakthrough: Annihilating Cao Cao’s forces
- IV. Missions and progression
- V. Various tidbits: Establishing the Kingdom of Song or restoring the Han Empire
- VI. Yuan Shao’s unique mechanics: Captain Armory and Lineage
Note: Details about Yuan Shao’s unique mechanics (Captain Armory and Lineage) are part of a separate guide. You can also take a look at our campaign guide for Cao Cao, Yuan Shao’s main rival in the 200 CE campaign.