Ghoritch is Throt the Unclean’s greatest creation, a Norscan berserker fueled with rage that has been fused with a rat ogre. Now, you’ll be able to obtain him as a legendary hero in Total War: Warhammer II – The Twisted & The Twilight. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: This guide is based on a Vortex campaign playthrough on VH/VH difficulty. For more information, check out our Total War: Warhammer II – The Twisted & The Twilight guides and features hub.
Total War: Warhammer II – Throt the Unclean and Ghoritch
Before we discuss how to unlock Ghoritch, let’s talk about Throt’s unique items in Total War: Warhammer II. The first is the Creature-Killer.
This quest unlocks at level 3 and it gives the following benefits:
- +10 armor-piercing weapon damage
- +12 bonus vs. large
- +5 melee defense
- Creature-Killer ability – +16 bonus vs. large; immune to Psychology; area-wide effect for Throt and allies; lasts 38 seconds.
There’s only one objective for this unique item: embed a Warlock Engineer in Throt’s army. You do need to get a level 3 settlement and build a Construction Cavern to recruit one, but that’s it.
Whip of Domination
The next unique item is the Whip of Domination which unlocks at level 5. It has the following effects:
- +5% campaign movement range (own army)
- +10 melee attack
- +10 leadership for Wolf Rats, Rat Ogres, Mutant Rat Ogres, Brood Horrors, and Hell Pit Abominations (lord’s army)
- +15 charge bonus for Skavenslave units
These are the quest steps:
- Kill 1,000 enemies in battle.
- Obtain access to the exotic animals resource – This actually took me a while to figure out. It looks like Cragorth Deep is the nearest settlement that has exotic animals. By then, Malekith will likely be in control of this area. The other alternative is Bleak Hold Fortress’ special building which produces exotic animals.
- Have three Mutant Rat Ogre units in Throt the Unclean’s army.
Helping Ghoritch in the quest battle
After finishing those tasks, the Whip of Domination quest battle will be unlocked and you can teleport to start it. Now, I mentioned that it took me a while to unlock this. As such, my armies were already geared and ready for the final battle (not just the quest battle).
You’ll find yourself in Hell Pit facing off against several Chaos units like Marauders, Chosen, and even a Giant.
Ghoritch is right in the thick of the fighting, and you have to ensure that Throt’s greatest experiment survives.
Since I already had decent units, I just rampaged across the battlefield. I used my augments like “Lobotomy/Warp Lightning Rod” to lay waste to my enemies.
When this encounter is over, you’ll finally have Ghoritch, Throt’s legendary hero. Now, it’s time to finish Total War: Warhammer II‘s final battle in the Witchwood.