Tinertia, from new indie studio Candescent Games, Inc. and design partner Section Studios, along with indie games partner Reverb Triple XP, has exited Steam Early Access and has officially launched. The developer describes Tinertia as an explosive action-platformer built on the premise of Quake-style, rocket-powered physics, fueled with Sonic-like speed through each of the vibrant, ever-changing levels that delivers the perfect balance between twitchy gameplay and skill-based fun.
In Tinertia, you control Weldon, a robot equipped with a rocket launcher that you’ll use to propel yourself through many different levels and challenging industrial environments. Weldon is stranded on a planet controlled by the evil ARC that has identified him as a threat and is now prepared to destroy him at any cost.
Watch the launch trailer below:
Tinertia boasts easy to pick-up but hard to master mechanics as you use the momentum, rhythm and speed of Weldon to launch him over deadly obstacles, outrun robo-bosses, and ultimately escape off the planet. More features are planned including cool skins and new ghosts.
Tinertia is an addictive, surprising and challenging platformer that we’re proud to bring to gamers and put our name behind. This is a tremendous milestone for our company and we’re going to continue listening to our community and add new features so gamers who dive into Tinertia will always have a fresh, surprising and fun experience.
– Vilas Tewari, CEO and programmer, Candescent Games, Inc.
- No Jump Button: Master the physics-based gameplay to control Weldon using his rocket launcher to achieve accelerated speeds and an infinite supply of ammo to propel him from puzzle to platform.
- Seven Environments, 65+ Levels: Travel across seven differing environments and more than 65 levels to help Weldon reach the planet’s surface and escape the ARC.
- Ultimate Challenges:
- ?Speed Runs: Challenge your best time with devastatingly fast runs through each level.
- Rocket Challenges: Earn par for each level using a limited number of rockets.
- Boss Rush: Square off against Tinertia’s menacing bosses with only one life to defeat them all. The ultimate rocket-jumping challenge.
- Dynamic Replay Camera System: This ability delivers the dramatic camera angles of every amazing run replay with enhanced zoom, camera speed options, and fixed angle features.
For the next week, Tinertia is available for $11.99, 20% off the full price, and can be found on Steam.