There’s more free stuff heading towards Titanfall 2 on 25 April, when Respawn will release A Glitch in the Frontier. This update will add a couple more maps, a new faction, and a Max Gen increase for pilots.
Specifically, they’ll be adding a Glitch Map. That’s described in the following terms: “A medium-sized map designed for objective modes and inspired by Captain Lastimosa’s home planet of Harmony.” Expect vertical drops, twisting pathways, and the potential for long wall runs.
You’ll also get a Deck Live Fire Map, which will offer “Tight interior spaces, exposed courtyards, and watchful drones circling overhead.” There will also be a new faction for the Mk III Mobile Robotic Versatile Entity Automated Assistants (MRVNs). Not exactly sure how that will work, but it says “M.R.V.N. Faction” right there in the update notes.
The following set of additions and features will be coming to Titanfall 2 with A Glitch in the Frontier, too. See a trailer, below.
- Marked for Death game mode. We’ll be introducing this as a featured mode around the launch of Glitch in the Frontier update.
- Update to the Main Menu
- We spruced things up a bit with a new look and tiles for news and other cool stuff we want you to check out.
- Max Gen increase for Pilots
- You will now be able to Gen to 100.
- New Gen icons for your callsign. You will receive a new one for each 10 gens you achieve.
- Ability to choose between Prime and regular executions for Titans
- New execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]
- Live Fire mode added to Private Match options