The gaming revolution that is TressFX hair rendering has had “small improvements” made to it, according to patch notes for a new Tomb Raider update. That’s … probably not what most people care about, though. And to be honest, Lara has much bigger problems to deal with too.
What you may be rather more interested in is fixes to the way the game handles on Nvidia hardware. “Stability and startup issues” have been addressed on that front. The patch should be applied automatically on Steam; if it isn’t, try restarting Valve’s digital platform.
There are more tweaks and band-aid style fixes to be found in the full patch list, below:
– Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
– Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
– Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
– Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
– Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
– Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
– Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
– Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
– Various other small fixes.
Have a read of what Tim made of Lara’s latest adventure in his review.Related to this article