Flaming Destroyer (fire)
I’m not quite sold yet on Torchlight III‘s Flaming Destroyer relic. On one hand, fire effects in ARPGs tend to be useful. On the other, I simply didn’t find it as useful compared to other relics like Bane or Coldheart.
Main ability: Empowering Smash – Slams a flaming sword down on enemies in front of you which does 125% weapon damage; 50% chance to burn enemies for 50% DOT effect for 4 seconds; +25% damage buff for all allies within range.
- Sharper Blade – +5% critical hit chance per rank-up while Empowering Smash is active.
- Ignition Source – +5% chance to burn enemies per rank-up while Empowering Smash is active.
Active skill: Sword Smash – Slams a flaming sword in front of you that burns enemies for 200% weapon damage.
- Destroy More – Increased Sword Smash damage.
- Destroy Faster – Reduced Sword Smash cooldown.
Passive 1: Magma Burst – Chance for a burning enemy to explode when you hit them; does 45% weapon damage.
- Lingering Blaze – Enemies who explode leave a burning trail that has a 60% DOT effect.
- Fear of Flames – Magma Burst can potentially cause the fear debuff on enemies; increases the chance to fear enemies via Magma Burst proc by 5% per rank-up.
Passive 2: Firestorm – Chance for fireballs to drop on enemies for 40% weapon damage.
- Firestarter – Increases the chance for Firestorm to proc.
- Smolder – Increases the damage of Firestorm’s procs.
Passive 3: Reign of Fire – Flaming Destroyer’s Empowering Smash activation unleashes a rain of fireballs.
Those great balls of fire not helping you out? Then how about riding the lightning using the Electrode relic?