Total War: Warhammer 2 is getting a new game mode on 14 December called The Laboratory.
This content has been put together in conjunction with Intel and is aimed at gamers with powerful PCs. This new mode is a Skaven-themed Custom Battle playground with sliders to tweak sixteen different game variables. The idea is to “push battles in new and ridiculous directions”.
Why do you need a powerful PC? Well, there will be options to increase unit sizes, change gravity, and increase impact forces for ultimate carnage. The full list is as follows:
- Unit Size – Increase the number of soldiers per unit and single units’ health
- Winds of Magic – Increase the availability of Winds of Magic for spellcasting
- Explosions – Increase the size of explosion and vortex spells
- Vigour Cost Reduction – Make units stay fresh for longer
- Reload Time – Reduce the amount of time it takes to reload ranged weapons
- Ammunition – Increase the total amount of shots per ranged unit
- Projectile Penetration – Increase the distance projectiles can travel through enemies
- Gravity – Decrease the effect of Gravity on units who are knocked into the air
- Ability Radius – Increase the effect radius of abilities
- Ability Recharge Reduction – Reduces recharge time on abilities
- Charge Duration – Increase the duration of time it takes for charge bonus to fade away
- Entity Scale – Increase or decrease the size of single unit entities like Lords and Monsters
It’s all in the name of fun, and with any luck, your PC won’t explode is you ramp everything up to eleven. If you get something mad going the settings can then be shared with other players.
An FAQ is also now live specifically for this Total War: Warhammer 2 mode.Related to this article