After over two years since the release of the original Transport Fever, developer Urban Games and publisher Good Shepherd Entertainment have officially announced that Transport Fever 2 is scheduled to arrive at ‘Launch Station’ in Q4 2019. According to the press release, the launch of Transport Fever 2 will mark a “new gold standard” for the classic transport simulation genre.
An announcement trailer has been released which shows off vastly improved graphics over the original (it will now feature physics-based lighting), along with a montage of different transport vehicles throughout the ages: cars, buses, planes, trains, and of course boats too.
Transport Fever 2 will allow players to build a transportation empire starting from the year of 1850 straight up to modern times. Over 200 vehicles will be included all of which span those many decades of technological advancement. There are various types of landscape to deal with across the three continents that will be included in the game: America, Asia and Europe. Transport Fever 2 will feature a toolset that will allow players to craft their transportation network “intuitively”. Even wildlife will play a part to breathe new life into the world with animals, birds, and fish all being individually simulated. The economic simulation is also a big part of the experience and the game will feature over ten economic chains along with various factories and goods. Getting passengers to-and-fro isn’t the only objective, as players will also be tasked with delivering raw goods and materials which will help drive up the economy. Overall, the developers are promising over 20 hours of gameplay which will span across three campaigns linked to the aforementioned three continents.
Seeing that it won’t be available until Q4 of this year, don’t expect to get your hands on Transport Fever 2 until the Fall/Winter time. Even so, the team has already confirmed that much more of the game will be shown off leading up to that release time.
Here’s the full press release:
The classic transport simulation genre has a new gold standard with Transport Fever 2. Discover a whole new world by navigating transport routes through land, water and air. May progress and prosperity find their way!
Provide the world with the transport infrastructure it needs and make a fortune with custom-made transport services. Watch your trains run on rails, your buses and trucks thunder along roads, your ships power through the water, and your planes soar through the skies. Carry people on their way to work or play, and be the reason cities grow and thrive. Deliver raw materials and goods to drive the economy. Experience the greatest logistical challenges from 1850 to the present day, and build a transport empire unrivaled anywhere else on the globe!
- Free play with countless configuration possibilities
- Three campaigns across three continents with over 20 hours of playing time
- Editors for creating maps and editing saved games
- Three landscape types: moderate, dry, and tropical
- Realistically modelled vehicles from Europe, America and Asia
- A total of over 200 vehicles: trains, buses, streetcars, trucks, aircraft and ships
- Modular train stations, bus and truck stations, airports and harbors
- Realistic transport simulation including one-way streets and light signals
- Editable and paintable terrain with realistic effects
- Intuitive construction tools for building railroads and more
- Display important data such as traffic and emissions, on separate layers
- Dynamic economy and city simulation
- More than ten economic chains with associated factories and goods
- Cities with countless residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Detailed game world with physics-based lighting
- Individually simulated land animals, birds and fish
- Over 50 challenging achievements in free play mode
- Extensive modding support via the Steam Workshop
Transport Fever 2 is scheduled for release on PC in Q4 2019. We look forward very much to showing more of the upcoming game. All the best wishes from the whole Urban Games team.