Announced way back in March of 2016, the Two Worlds 2: Call of the Tenebrae DLC has appeared on Steam, along with a release window. You can expect it in Q1 of this year; so by the end of March.
Two Worlds 2 itself was released in late 2010, so those holding on for this second expansion have had to wait a fair while. Developers Reality Pump were forced into “restructuring” (inaccurately reported in some places as a full studio closure) due to financial difficulties in 2015, but seem to weathered that particular storm.
Along with the release of the DLC, Two Worlds 2 will be getting an “all new engine upgrade”. Here’s what to expect in the expansion.
An all new engine upgrade will display the beauty of Antaloor and its denizens like never before! See stunning new locations, highly detailed new enemies and allies and beautiful new effects!
- Several hours of thrilling gameplay, in an all new adventure set in the Two Worlds universe, in addition to myriad side-quests and optional missions.
- Brand new, highly stylized armor and weapons await you, regardless of your offensive focus. Choose from a wide variety of axes, maces, daggers, swords and spears, in addition to ranged weapons like magical staves, bows and arrows, rifles and crossbows.
- A wide array of new weapon and armor enhancing crystals are scattered across the land, waiting for an intrepid explorer to discover them, granting your weapons new abilities and attributes.
- Revamped and enhanced alchemy system with new ingredients and techniques for brewing all new tonics and potions, granting the player new options for offensive, defensive and restorative potions.
- xplore the archipelago like never before; investigate new locations, from haunting crypts and swamps crawling with the walking dead, to sprawling villages, trading outposts and bandit camps.
- Introducing a brand new race, a horrifying cross between rat and human called The Chosen, with motivations and aspirations known only to them. You must learn who among them is friend and who is foe before Antaloor is overrun!
- Ferocious new bosses, each requiring fast hands and quick thinking as you discover and exploit their carefully guarded weaknesses.
- New enemy tactics and strategies will keep you guessing, forcing you to master your attacks and keep your guard up.
- An original, thrilling new story addition in the Two Worlds universe with friends and foes both new and old.
- An epic soundtrack featuring an hour of all new music, plus a bevy of new sound effects and thematic music.