Team Bondi/Rockstar Games’ crime-drama nabs itself top spot in its opening weekend.
This week’s major new releases, L.A. Noire and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, both managed to crack the top ten in their opening week – coming in at one and five respectively.
Last week’s top dog, Brink, drops down to third while LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean manages to hold on to second. The rest of the top ten consists of the usual hangers-on with Zumba Fitness, Crysis 2, FIFA 11 and Portal 2 continuing to sell consistently well.
According to Chart-Track, L.A. Noire’s sales figures are ‘on par’ with those of Red Dead Redemption. Chart-Track have also confirmed that L.A. Noire is the fastest-selling new videogame IP of all time in the UK.
UK All-Format Top Ten as follows:
*Number in brackets represents the game’s position in last week’s chart. ‘NEW’ represents a new entry.
1. (NEW) L.A. Noire (360, PS3) –
2. (2) LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS, 3DS)
3. (1) Brink (360, PS3, PC) –
4. (3) Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Wii, 360)
5. (NEW) The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (PC)
6. (9) Crysis 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) –
7. (4) Portal 2 (360, PS3, PC) – 8. (8) FIFA 11 (360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS, PSP, PS2) – 9. (6) Mortal Kombat (360, PS3) –
10. (5) Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS) –
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.