L.A. Noire manages to withstand DiRT 3’s attempted overtaking maneuver and remain in top spot.
Rockstar/Team Bondi’s crime thriller holds on to top spot for a second week. DiRT 3 managed to put up better opening week numbers than its predecessor but still couldn’t hit pole position.
Brink continues its steady fall down the rankings, dropping from third to fifth. Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart Wii catapult themselves back into the top ten as a result of the price cut on Wii console bundles and FIFA 11 climbs a little presumably as a result of this past weekend’s Champion’s League final.
Portal 2, The Witcher 2 and Mortal Kombat all drop out of the ten. Debuting at number five last week, The Witcher 2 performed especially badly, falling to number 29.
UK All-Format Top Ten as follows:
*Number in brackets represents the game’s position in last week’s chart. ‘NEW’ represents a new entry.
1. (1) L.A. Noire (360, PS3) – 2. (NEW) DiRT 3 (360, PS3, PC) – .
3. (2) LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS, 3DS)
4. (4) Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Wii, 360)
5. (3) Brink (360, PS3, PC) – 6. (13) Wii Sports Resorts (Wii)
7. (8) FIFA 11 (360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS, PSP, PS2) – 8. (10) Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS) –
9. (6) Crysis 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) – 10. (23) Mario Kart Wii (Wii)