Portal outta here, this is Zumba’s dance floor.
Portal 2’s tenure at the top of the UK charts lasted a mere two weeks, the seemingly all-conquering force that is Zumba Fitness: Join the Party recliaming the position it held prior to Valve’s puzzler hitting retail.
This represents the third week that Zumba has sat atop the chart and its continued success in the face of such stiff opposition demonstrates the ever-growing threat the ‘core’ games market finds itself facing – if they ain’t selling enough, they ain’t getting made.
Elsewhere down the table sees very little change. Homefront drops out the top ten and finds itself in 17, replaced by Pokmeon Black which moves from 12 to 9.
No new releases made it into the UK top 40 this week.
The UK Top Ten All-Format Chart as follows:
1. Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Wii, 360)
2. Portal 2 (360, PS3, PC) – 3. Mortal Kombat (360, PS3) –
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS) –
5. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (360, PS3, PC, Wii, PSP, 3DS, DS)
6. FIFA 11 (360, PS3, PC, Wii, DS, PSP, PS2) – 7. Operation Flashpoint: Red River (360, PS3, PC) 8. Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
9. Pokemon Black (DS)
10. Just Dance 2 (Wii)