Remember Wacky Wheels? If you’re old enough you should do because it was the classic kart racer from Apogee released back in 1994. Wacky Wheels HD brings the classic back.
The new version of the racer has landed on Early Access in full remastered goodness. It includes remastered audio, and although this is a remaster, it’s more like a sequel to the original according to the devs at Ferocity 2D with the original art being replaced.
The original game was a great multiplayer racer with a local split-screen and online, and if you’ve never played it, then we suggest you take a look at this. Hopefully, this captures the magic of the first game.
The game can be picked up now for £6.99.
Wacky Wheels HD Features
- 16 race tracks each with a unique theme
- Grand prix and time trial modes
- Combat and duck hunt modes
- Up to 4 players local split-screen games
- Cross-platform gameplay: Mac and PC users can challenge each other online
- Mirror mode Grand Prix
- The original soundtrack remastered
- HD cartoon “mode 7” art style
- Ample opportunities to pickup and chuck hedgehogs
- (Coming soon) Up to 8 players online multiplayer
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.